Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Blooms

It's mid-August, and it's that time of year when flowers really love to show off. Love it! Here are photos I took of my most favorite summer flowers from the last two months.

foxgloves: I hope for a chance to arrange with these flowers soon.

clematis: I haven't had a chance to design with these flowers either. I found them at the flower mart recently, but they were so expensive! :(

chamomile: they make such a charming filler flower.

delphinium: not too many flowers that are naturally blue, so I love these flowers!

allium: another flower I would love to use in a design.

sunflower: how can you not smile when these flowers are around?!


zinnias: another happy flower and a favorite of butterflies. They come in vivid red,yellow, orange, pink, green, and purple. I tried to grow these in my backyard as I heard and read that they are easy to grow.  They didn't grow, unfortunately. I don't think my yard gets enough sunlight and I didn't water them! Oops!

lilies: I love their scent, and as a floral designer, I love that they are long-lasting!

dahlias: to me, they symbolize late summer (August's flower of the month, too)

hydrangeas: it seems to be the favorite of many. 

yarrow: I used these flowers at a flower arrangement class with young girls, and they loved them for their awesome texture (reminded them of honeycomb). 

I also love hibiscus. It's Hawaii's state flower and they love the sun and heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...